Monday, June 6, 2011

Buddhist Passover, and why I blog in the first place

In another brilliant entry from Cakewrecks , I posted a comment someone thought was funny and she said she clicked on my linky but my blog was blocked. Actually, I hadn't started it. So I thought if someone was actually going to read it, I would find something to write about. The Cakewrecks subject of the day was the irony of Wreckorators creating actual cakes - regular ones with baking soda, frosting, white flour, etc. - and writing Passover greetings on them. Of course, this touched off a heated debate about whether any other religion has a proper Seder. Most of it was hilarious, and about 20% of commentators took the subject way too seriously and missed the humor entrely. I call these people irony-impaired. This was my contribution: "OK, I'll join the fray just to get this alternative Seder thing straight. The important thing to know is that ingredients aren't allowed. Matzo is a cracker without any ingredients. For our Buddhist Seder, we hide a piece of it, which is easy because it doesn't have any ingredients and therefore doesn't exist. Finding it is like describing the sound of one hand clapping."

Apparently this was funny so I'm very proud of myself.  For the record, I'm not Buddhist or even religious, but mean no disrespect to anyone who is.

No comments:

Post a Comment