Monday, June 13, 2011

Products I Like

1. Sunshine Burger: http://www.sunshineburger.com/  these have only a few simple ingredients. They are vegan and gluten-free (although I have nothing against gluten). I like the texture and the unique taste; it's not one of those imitation meats, but a veggie patty, so it's not really for converts looking for a meat substitute. EG doesn't like them though. He spit out the one he tried.
2. Veganaisse: taste close enough to mayo, and the texture is very similar. I've tried other fake mayo and the texture wasn't velvety and it gagged me.
3. Vegan Gourmet "cheese" good texture, and I like the white ones (mozzarella and monterey jack). It melts and you can make a grilled "cheese" with it.
4. Boo Bars: http://boobars.com/ very simple fruit and nut bars with no ingredients you can't pronounce. If you're a vegan who likes chocolate (I'm not, so I didn't try that flavor), the ones with cocoa are also vegan. I guess I'm not crazy about the name only because without a hyphen in the domain I just see "boob." Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just makes me think it's breastfeeding forum or something instead of a snack food.

No comments:

Post a Comment